Sunday, February 13, 2022

St. Valentine

Louie turned 6 months old at the end of January. The vet gave him a clean bill of health apart from an ear infection. He is growing fast, but still has all of the silliness and cuteness of a kitten. When he's not being a menace, he is an affectionate little boy. I love fawning over my fuzzy baby.



 



Tom and I spent Valentine's weekend at the coast to celebrate our 3-year anniversary. Cannon Beach is one of my favorite day trips from Portland, but there is something special about staying over night to watch the change in lighting and the tides roll in. The Oregon coast is usually cold and cloudy this time of year, but we were blessed with a beautiful weekend full of sunshine and temperatures in the 50s.


























We stayed two nights at Hallmark Resort & Spa, with Haystack Rock just steps away; I would definitely stay here again. We dined at Pelican Brewing and MacGregor's Whiskey Bar--a cozy favorite that I cannot say enough good things about. It's tough to leave the coast after a relaxing and romantic weekend, but I was excited to see our Louie.