Monday, February 25, 2019

The Lull Before an Adventure

Tom and I spent President's Day in wine country. Just under an hour's drive southwest of Portland, the small town of Dundee is blessed with beautiful vineyards. Situated between the Willamette River and Dundee Hills, Dundee has one of the most picturesque locations in the Willamette Valley. Our first stop was Furioso Vineyards, where a modern, glass-enclosed tasting room overlooks the thriving estate. Overall, I was impressed by the genial service and flagship Pinot Noir.






















The 80-acre property of Alexana Winery has 18 soil types spread over rolling hills, steep slopes and rugged terrain. The rustic tasting room showcases the estate's history. Indian cardiologist, Dr. Revana, founded the winery (and two others in Napa and Mendoza), naming it for his daughter, Alexandra.


Later that week, Jake from Denver was passing through town en route to India. I showcased Portland as we foraged the city for the top vegan restaurants. KaTiwe found, serves delicious thai food on Division Street. Other highlights of the week included Italian fare at Pastini and new experiences at Wicked Axe Throwing!






















I am excited for Jake as he spends the next year traveling and meditating his way through Asia.


I also find myself shifting into travel mode as I embark on a nearly month-long trip to Australia and New Zealand with three of my girlfriends from Denver. As vacations go, I feel more than ready to unplug for the next few weeks, trading in the "winter blues" for summertime adventures down under! To be continued...