Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Kiteboarding in Hood River

Summer is flying by. I have made an effort to avoid getting wrapped up in the troubling current events, and instead focus on work and hiking. 

  
 
When I’m not at the pharmacy or out on the trails, I can be found outside gardening, cycling around town or reading Game of Thrones. Like most events this year, the annual Seattle to Portland bike race went virtual. I was excited to take on the challenge of completing the 200 miles over a 20-day period. I also joined some friends from work on a ride to Dabney State Park. Many people were floating down the Sandy River on the toasty Sunday.



Last Sunday, Tom and I went kiteboarding in Hood River. The 2.5-hour beginner lesson with Kite the Gorge was a blast! Learning in the world class setting of the scenic Columbia River Gorge was surreal. We are both looking forward to getting back out there again soon.