Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Trail Blazers

October 11th was the perfect fall day this year; low 60s, clear and sunny. The crisp air reminded me of Denver weather. The changing leaves also appeared to be approaching their peak (this, of course, is subject to change year to year).

 


 


 


The bike ride into work is getting colder and darker each day, but I still enjoy the fresh-air commute.












Work has been busy lately, but I manage to make time for fun and relaxation. On Thursday, Tom invited me to my first Trail Blazers game at the Moda Center. The Blazers dominated the preseason game against the Israeli Maccabi Haifa Football Club. I learned a lot about the NBA that evening!

 


Tom's friends, Kyle and Dani, joined us on Sunday for apple picking at Sauvie Island's Douglas Farm. As soon as we arrived, I recognized the farm as having visited last fall for U-Pick! Golden Delicious is the last apple variety grown this time of year.





















We spent the rest of the afternoon in the lovely St. John's neighborhood. A relaxing Sunday close to home.