Thursday, November 7, 2019

Denver Weekend

A quick trip to Denver served as the perfect break from work and the stressors of life. I hadn't been back since last November, so I was excited to visit friends and family, and see what had changed. Anna and Alex warned me that a snowy, cold front had just passed through town, but the weekend forecast warmed up nicely. At such high elevation, the sun feels stronger and warmer. In contrast, the same temperature on a sunny day in Portland can seem colder (unless it's ironically overcast, as the clouds create insulation).

After a short flight on Friday afternoon, I caught the train into town and met my friends, Anna, Lexi and Jordan. We shared tapas at Somebody People, beers at grungy City, O' City, and free non-dairy ice cream scoops at Ben and Jerry's in celebration of World Vegan Day.


Saturday was spent brewery hopping with Anna and Alex. We started in Boulder, hitting Avery Brewing and cozy Twisted Pine Brewing


Back in Denver, it was fresh margaritas at Los Chingones. I met my friend Bri that evening at Blue Moon Brewing Company.


I was ready to get outside on Sunday, so Anna and I rallied for a morning work out at Red Rocks--beast mode!



Then we enjoyed a leisure walk at Washington Park. Grabbing lunch at Whole Foods, we spent the afternoon back at the apartment, watching the Steelers game and baking fall treats.

Aspen

I traveled back to Portland that night, feeling grateful for the opportunity to relax and spend time with special people.