Sunday, January 5, 2020

A New Decade

After spending a relaxing week at home, I felt rested and ready to kick off the new year. Upon reflection, I am overcome with gratitude for the many blessings that came in 2019. It was a beautiful year filled with positive memories; smelling the abundant tulips and roses, starting a new job, embarking on endless hikes and long bike rides, trying out climbing and surfing, building new and old relationships, hosting visitors, and traveling to Mt. Rainier NP, Yosemite NP and New Zealand.

Holiday lights at Portland International Raceway
I am optimistic about 2020, looking forward to several events, travels and goals. In terms of "resolutions" for the year ahead, my main aspiration is to enter the triathlon world (ultimate goal: Ironman). Pursuing rock climbing last year was a real joy, but I've decided to shift my focus in order to connect more with nature in the form of outdoor running, cycling and swimming.

The Grotto

 
 

In addition, I plan to make self care a priority. Living a healthy lifestyle through fitness and nutrition has been a growing passion of mine, but more recently I've come to understand that physical health is only one piece of a larger puzzle; just as important is one's mental health, which I believe, is strengthened through daily practices like mindfulness, stress/anxiety management, strong relationships, and good sleep habits. Potential ideas to maximize my health include regular massages and therapy. After all, in order to build my community and connect more deeply with the world around me, it all starts with self love.


 


Cheers to a new decade!