Monday, January 27, 2020

January Rain

My biggest challenge in triathlon training will require me to revisit the running world. An activity that I once enjoyed, I have shifted away from high-impact exercise since injuring my knee. Returning to the sport, however, has its rewards. For instance, it has provided the opportunity to explore the city's neighborhoods on foot, presenting a new perspective.

A rare pocket of January sunshine
A brief reprieve from work on Saturday allowed me to celebrate Kyle's birthday at Katie's house in north Portland. It was a fun night of food, drinks, board games, and good company. Community!

I also recently attended a potluck hosted by Northwest VEG. Having just returned from Asia, Dr. Sharon Methvin gave a fascinating presentation about the paradoxes of religiosity, poverty and economy of animals in Nepal. The topic was eye-opening and served as timely insight into my next adventure; I will be spending the next month in Nepal to study yoga... to be continued!